Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Origin 3 - NSW team

This is the team NSW should have stuck with from the beginning.  There are only a few changes I would make.  Firstly I believe the selectors are more focused on winning this game than focusing on the future of NSW rugby league...which is not a good thing.  Although Kimmorley is an amazing player and is having a fantastic season for the Bulldogs, he would not have been my first pick simply because of his age. Kimmorley and Barret make the oldest halfs combination in the history of Origin.  I would have gone for Jaimee Soward and Mitchell Pearce, or even Anasta is he was fit to play. I saw Mullen as another option however i believe that he has to work on his consistency.  

The other change I would have made would be replacing Stewart with Tupou.  Tupou is an amazing player who brings experience and creativity off the bench with his offloads and footwork and i believe he was overlooked due to the horrible season the Sharks are having on the field.

Although there are a few changes I would have made, overall, I am pleased with the team chosen and believe that with this team, the Blues at least have a chance of winning; even if it does appear to be very slim.

No comments:

Post a Comment